After the celebration finally winds down, everyone is called on deck at dawn.
A long line of captured officers and sailors is brought on deck.
Capt. Harrigan addresses the captives first, offering them a place among the Wormwood’s crew.
- Several Rahadoumi sailors step forth, Master Scourge cuts their bonds and they join the pirates.
“All right you scurvy tars! You’ve done good by me, we’ve got a second ship now! Quite a beauty from the look of her. I still have only one crew, so here’s the plan:
the Wormwood will sail to our planned destination, Mr. Plugg here will choose a skeleton crew to sail the Man’s Promise back to Port Peril where she’ll be worth a pretty penny as salvage.”
“As for these fine fellows here, they may choose a life as pirates or spend the rest of their lives at sea.”
- To make his point Harrigan roughly grabs a robed, female Rahadoumi, smells her hair for a moment and tosses her overboard.
- The remaining sailors scramble to swear loyalty to Harrigan.
Master Scourge and Mr. Plugg begin walking through the pirate ranks, shoving those they select toward the Man’s Promise.
“You’ll be on deck in 20 minutes, ready to make sail for Port Peril. Collect your swag and make haste!”
-The PCs can visit the quartermaster’s store once more and say any goodbyes.
- As her only favor, she asks for Rumli to look out for Fishguts, he’s an old, fat coward and she doesn’t know if she’ll ever see him again once he’s under Plugg’s command.
- She gives Mikki the Boarding Axe of Repelling, taken from the Rahadoumi officer they captured, to give to whichever PC she sees fit.
Scourge and Plugg select the following pirates to board the Wormwood:
- Scourge selects the PCs directly
- Plugg brings along Owlbear
- Ambrose ‘Fishguts’ Kroop
- Conchobhar Shortstone
- Rosie Cusswell
- Sandara Quinn
- Crimson ‘Cog’ Cogward
- Barefoot Samms Toppin
- Jack Scrimshaw
- Jill Scrim
- Flipps Chumlet
- Jaundiced Jape
- Slippery Syl Lonegan
- And 5 Rahadoumi sailors
DAY 1: New Ship, Old Rules
- Capt. Plugg assigns Master Scourge, Flipps Chumlet, Jaundiced Jape, Slippery Syl Lonegan, Sandara Quinn, and Barefoot Samms Toppin to sleep in the Officer’s Quarters B6. Everyone else, the PCs included are to sleep below deck B9.
As they set sail Plugg and Scourge address the skeleton crew.
- This is a new ship, but the rules are the same..
- All crimes will now be punished with the cat instead of whip.
- The crew is small and everyone will have to work harder, +2 DCs.
- When the evening meal is served Capt. Plugg explains that he does not believe in rum rations or entertainment. After the meal everyone is expected to be in their quarters, any man caught above deck without leave will get 6 lashes with the cat o’ nine tales.
DAY 2: Whispers of Mutiny
- Friendly PCs begin whispering their concerns on the second day. If they’re to sail to Port Peril what will become of the press-ganged crew?
- Sandara and Rosie believe the Plugg & Scourge mean to take the Man’s Promise for their own.
-The PCs or a friendly NPC surmise that they have changed course east, toward Bloodcove, a notorious port on the edges of the Mwangi Expanse.
- During the evening Fishguts says that he knows where they might be heading: a dry-dock called Rickety’s Squibs; providing new identities, lines and rigging, the silhouette, making the ship unrecognizable.
DAY 4: A Storm & A Slithering Host by Night